Family Expo Volunteer Opportunities
Our Family Expo is the highlight of our year with tons of activities for the whole family from tots ‘n tykes, to dads and grandparents, but the whole weekend runs a lot smoother with plenty of volunteers to get things done. Below is a partial list of the many jobs we need help with. You can just donate an hour or two of your time or jump in with both feet and help throughout the weekend. Keep checking back because as we continue to get closer to the next Expo, this page will be updated. In the meantime, here’s a look at some of the areas where we always need a helping hand or two. Contact our Volunteer Chair, Rhonda Hamilton, if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expo Preparations during the event – Some of these jobs require just an hour or two of your time, others ask for more, hopefully you’ll find something that fits with your schedule. No matter how brief, your contribution is appreciated.
- Stuffing the Lit Bags for Registration
- Thursday morning set-up when Expo items are delivered. An hour or two.
- Room helpers to monitor and keep things neat. Check in throughout the Expo or spend an hour, these rooms tend to get messy and need to be cleaned up regularly.
- Runners to assist the Board of Trustees. (Hours are flexible)
- Information Booth. (Hours are flexible)
- Young Adults – Our YA group has been invaluable during past years! They assist in various tasks throughout the weekend gaining work experience along the way. (Hours are flexible)
- Final clean-up and loading the truck Sunday afternoon.
- Expo Photographer (take pics throughout the 4 days) You can volunteer to help at Expo here:
Expo Preparations in the months preceding the event – Some of these jobs take a little more time commitment but provide such enriching value to the Family Expo, we hope you will be willing to dive in and make the best of it.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Having volunteers is a wonderful thing but, it’s all made so much easier with a coordinator on hand!
- Project/Art Fair Coordinator – Our kids have so much talent, let’s give them a place to show it off!
- Curriculum Library Coordinator
- Advertising/PSAs – Get the word out to the public and bring more people in to our wonderful little Expo.