General Volunteer Openings
It takes a lot to run an organization like CHN and we rely on our members to support us both through membership and volunteering. California Homeschool Network provides outreach, social gatherings like camping and family picnics, legal guidance, online community support and much more. Following is a list of areas that we need help and a little info about the position, if you could spare a few hours to support your homeschooling community it would benefit us all! Thank you in advance! And, thank you for being a part of CHN.
- Fundraising Chair – Help raise money so that CHN can continue to offer camping trips, the Family Expo and other community building activities at prices we can all afford. The chair researches and recommends various sources of funds for CHN, oversees an annual membership fundraising drive and the annual Expo fundraising drive.
- Ezine – To generate and manipulate content for our online magazine.
- Layout Artist for digital online format
- Advertising coordinator
- Writers for regular columns
- Outreach – Helps to man the tables at various community events such as the Aquarium of the Pacific Homeschool Day, Imaginology at the OC Fairgrounds and other local events. This is a good opportunity for those who can offer a few hours of service occasionally.
- Homeschooling 101 workshop – Attend a two hour session to learn how to run a Homeschooling 101 workshop for families that are new to or interested in homeschooling. CHN arranges some of these workshops but, with training, you can coordinate a workshop yourself in an area where you feel there is need. This workshop is designed to introduce new families to the many different options of homeschooling from unschooling to charter schools and everything in between and guide them with the legal aspects and basic questions.
- Volunteer Coordinator for Expo – The CHN Family Expo is our biggest event of the year and requires a team of volunteers to get us through it. We need someone willing to wrangle and organize those volunteers.