The Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum presented by Automobile Club of Southern California is proud to be a part of the California Homeschool Network’s Family EXPO, June 23 -26, 2016.
All California Homeschool Network Family EXPO attendees are encouraged to visit the Museum, located next door and adjacent to the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel. EXPO attendees will enjoy Complimentary Admission (with conference I.D.) and can explore how S.T.E.A.M. learning concepts are incorporated into our exciting Hot Rod exhibits. We hope the Museum will be seen as a resource for future homeschooling educational experiences and we welcome the feedback of conference attendees.
The Museum is an independent California non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to celebrating the impact of motorsports on American culture. We strive to honor the memories of those who raced, built, and made history before us by developing interactive exhibits and expanding the Museum’s collection of hot rods, by creating educational program and partnerships with local schools, and staging special events that help preserve memories and honor our greats.
The Museum is located at 1101 W. McKinley Dr., Building 3, in Pomona, and we are open Wednesday through Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information, visit us at: http://www.nhramuseum.org or call (909) 622-2133.
Some EXPO sessions directly related to the Museum mission:
• Science Education for the Next Generation: Understanding and Applying the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) -Jessica Gelineau
• What’s your hook? The invested child becomes the motivated learner. -Ani Janbazian
• S.T.E.A.M Education… with hands-on learning about game design or digital paint! -Roger Huynh
Other EXPO Activities related to the Museum mission:
• Imagination Playground…hosted by Kidspace Children’s Museum
• Pinewood Derby Design and Build